Argus International Coal Forward Curves
An Argus risk data service, published daily
The Argus International Coal Forward Curves service provides a powerful, independent market valuation tool to support investment and trading decisions in the US, European and Asian coal markets.
Argus uses a wide range of data sources to determine market value for liquid locations and forward periods. For illiquid locations and terms, locational spreads and time spreads to liquid markets are used as the basis for pricing.
View complete list of markets covered
Download the full methodology
Argus forward curves are not intended to be “predictive” and do not represent a forecast of what coal will be worth in future physical prompt markets but are assessments of the price of delivery at a future date if transacted today
- Daily assessments provided in monthly granularity, calendars, and quarters
- 60 forward months, fixed price, mid-points provided
- Delivery options: Email, FTP data feed,API, and third-party delivery partners, such as Globalview, Morningstar and ZEMA
- Independently produced and published methodology
- Argus uses multiple market data sources and is an independent source of forward curve pricing which reflects a non-bias view
Curves service is a reliable tool for analytical and risk-management processes, including:
- Independent evaluations
- Mark-to-market (“MTM”) validation
- Value-at-risk (“VaR”)
- Potential future exposure (“PFE”)
- Risk disaggregation
- In-house forward positions validation
Curves will show pricing for 60 months forward, by month, calendars and quarters; delivered daily for the following markets
FOB Baltic Ports | FOB Puerto Bolivar | FOB Richards Bay 5,500 kcal/kg | FOB Vostochny | FOB Qinhuangdao 5,500 kcal/kg | CFR East India 5,500 kcal/kg | FOB Indonesia 5,800 kcal/kg (GAR) | FOB Indonesia 5,000 cal/kg (GAR) | Illinois Basin 11,500 | Powder River Basin 8,800
For more information on this service, contact us today.