Argus North American Crude Oil Forward Curves
An Argus risk data service, published daily
The Argus North American Crude Oil Forward Curves service provides a powerful, independent market valuation tool to support investment and trading decisions in North American crude oil markets.
This new service complements Argus’ existing in-depth coverage of global crude markets. Argus crude oil price assessments for grades such as LLS, Mars and WTS are used extensively in US markets to index physical and derivative contracts.
Argus North American Crude Oil Forward Curves are derived from Argus’ deep well of crude market data. Argus uses prompt and forward market data, in addition to proprietary models and algorithms, to arrive at the forward curve prices.
Argus covers 25 crude oil grades and trading locations over the midcontinent, North Sea, Gulf Coast, and Canada.
View the complete list of markets covered
- Daily assessments for 24 crude oil grades and trading locations, providing monthly granularity
- A minimum of five years forward curves
- Time-stamped at 2:30 p.m. EST, in alignment with the NYMEX settlement price
- Basis differentials to the ICE Brent Crude futures contract and CME NYMEX Light Sweet (WTI)
- Independent and transparent market-appropriate methodology
- Delivery options include: FTP data feed, Argus proprietary platform “Argus Link” and third party delivery partners
Argus North American Crude Oil Forward Curves Applications
- Mark-to-market accounting
- Potential future exposure
- Deal valuation
- Regression analysis
- Scenario analyses
- Valuing option premiums associated with forward crude oil contracts
Learn more about the Argus North American Crude Oil Forward Curves methodology
Learn more about the Argus Americas Crude methodology
Contact your local office