|08:30 - 09:30
Robert Gates, Secretary of Defense (2006-2011); Author, New York Times Best Seller, DUTY: Memoirs of a Secretary at War and A Passion for Leadership
|09:30 - 09:45
|09:45 - 09:50
||LPG Chairman's Opening Remarks
Nick Black, Principal LPG, Argus
|09:50 - 10:45
||Session 1: Hydrocarbon Production and the Battle for Market Share
- OPEC strategy: Oil exports from the US are rising dramatically, rivalling several OPEC member countries. But OPEC’s promise for production cuts were breached in 2017. What are the challenges OPEC is facing in re-balancing the market?
- Global LPG outlook: With the increasing availability of LPG out of the US, the Middle East and other regions, where is the incremental demand growing, and is growth sustainable over the coming years?
Michael Cohen, Head of Energy Commodities, Barclays
Nick Black, Principal LPG, Argus
|10:45 - 11:15
|11:15 - 12:30
||Session 2: LPG Demand - Market Dynamics and Regions to Watch
- India rising: India’s demand is growing and is now passing Japan as the #2 importer for LPG. The Indian government is subsidizing LPG which means new opportunities for market participants. But most term contracts are currently going to major Middle East exporters. What are the opportunities for other LPG distributors to compete in the Indian market and what might happen long-term when government subsidies end?
- Spotlight on China: Growing PDH capacity in China relies on imported feedstock. What is driving demand and how big is the opportunity for supply from the US vs the Middle East? And how will Canada fit into this picture?
- Autogas market: How much growth might we see in autogas demand for transportation fuels? What are the government incentives by region? How is the alternative fuel and battery powered vehicle market impacting autogas?
Hemal Sanghani, Chief Executive Officer, Arihant Global
Paige Morse, VP, Propylene & Derivatives, Argus
Cécile Nourigat, Autogas Manager, World LPG Association
|12:30 - 14:00
||Networking Lunch and Presentation: Managing Risk in an Uncertain World
- In the petroleum and petrochemical markets, we have come to expect extreme price volatility due to extreme weather events, macroeconomic pressures, geopolitical issues, capital flows and currency fluctuations which frequently cause dramatic swings in underlying values. But how do you effectively manage your risk in this market, whether you are a consumer or producer? Discuss the challenges and opportunities to utilize financial risk management strategies to create a boost to your bottom line in an otherwise challenging market environment.
Gregory Broussard, Senior Director, Energy Derivatives, Cargill
|14:00 - 15:30
||Session 3: Opportunities for LPG in Mexico – Trading, Supply and Distribution
- LPG distribution in Mexico: How does LPG distribution work in Mexico? How is pricing structured and what are the obstacles for market participants competing in the current system?
- Developing a supply portfolio: Since Mexico’s deregulation, buyers are now exposed to the risk that Pemex used to handle. How can buyers manage their currency price risk and get fully integrated into the North American market? What are some of the strategies for the upcoming propane year?
- Supply chain logistics: From origination to destination, understand the dynamics of moving North American propane by rail into the Mexican market
Luis Landeros, President, LPGas Distributors Association
David Schultz, Gas and Power, New World Fuel
Jay Harbison, Jr., President, 4J Energy
Ross Weisser, VP and Principal, 4J Energy
|15:30 - 16:00
|16:00 - 17:00
||Session 4: Freight Market Outlook
- The latest on the Panama Canal – Traffic, tolls and other considerations: What are the limitations on LPG ships going through the canal? What is the booking process? What is the schedule ahead of time fee? How long is the waiting time? What happens if there is a delay?
- Seaborne LPG trade: What are the fundamentals shaping North American propane to Asia and when might the ARB widen? What might that mean for propane exports this season?
Ing. Nicolas Vukelja Duque, MBA, Industrial Engineer, Maritime Advisors and Developers
Craig Whitley, President and Chief Executive Officer, World Energy Consultants, LLC
|17:00 - 19:00