Future of Coking
Pre-Conference: Future of Petroleum Coke
Wednesday, September 13
Module I: Resid Upgrading, Impact of New Technology
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Non-technical review of refinery operations
- Types of resid conversion processes
- Differences in petroleum coke produced
- Gathering coking intelligence from the outside
Module II: Feed Impacts, Coke Handling and Quality Prediction
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Petroleum coke production and quality impacts
- Property definition 101
- How properties are controlled
- Feed impacts
- Process conditions
- Coke handling
- Case studies of quality changes
- Using exterior signals for petroleum coke quality prediction
Add the pre-conference modules when you register. Register by July 14 and save $500!
- Full day, includes both Module I&II and lunch: $695
- Morning only Module I: $395
- Afternoon only Module II: $395
Speaker: Evan Hyde, Director of Field Services, Coking.com Inc.
Evan Hyde is the Director of Field Services for Coking.com Inc. Formerly he was president of Telaxe, a coker consulting firm. He previously was president of C2 Nano Technology where they researched surface treatments to combat fouling and corrosion issues in cokers and other petrochemical process units. He was a Senior Engineering Advisor for Becht Engineering Co., Inc. New Jersey. Evan has consulted on processing improvement and reliability initiatives for coking clients around the world. He also participated in onsite peer assessments of Coker Units at eight refineries which included improvements in maintenance work practices, process enhancements, and turnaround scope optimization.
Prior to joining Becht, Evan worked for ExxonMobil Research and Engineering, as a process engineer, with assignments in research, and troubleshooting for heavy oil upgrading equipment.
He holds a B.S. of Chemical Engineering from Pennsylvania State University.
One of Evan's current projects is the Coker Roadshow - a 2 year tour to visit and support every delayed coker in the USA and Canada.