|09:00 - 09:30
||Registration and Coffee
|09:30 - 11:00
|| Session One
- An overview of Renewable Fuels Standard
- RINs types and rules for using RINs for compliance
- Examining how the rules have shaped the “unusual” behavior of the RINs and biofuels markets. (D6-D4 Spreads)
- How Cellulosic Waiver Credits set cellulosic RINs prices
- Understanding RINS price risk factors, part 1
|11:00 - 11:15
|11:15 - 12:30
- Biofuel blending: economics and drivers
- How the “blendwall” chose the future biofuels for the RFS
- The lynchpin RIN: commodity-driven D4 RIN economics
- Understanding more of the factors in RINs and biofuels prices
- Influences from policy (CAFE, blender tax credit, LCFS, state incentives)
- Interpreting the Argus RINs annual price forecasts
- RINs price forecasting 101
|12:30 - 1:30
|1:30 - 3:30
- Annual rulemakings and Renewable Volume Obligations.
- RVO costs to refiners and effects on fuels markets.
- Product costs and RINs price pass-thorough: The ugly truth.
- Strategic action by obligated parties.
- Suggestions on“Hedging” strategies in unhedgeable markets.
- Risks and rewards from compliance strategies.
- US biofuels market, opportunities and constraints.
|3:30 - 4:00
||Summary and Discussion
- After-talk: RINS price risks, part 2: Near Term factors
- After-talk: Long and short-term strategic thinking.