Argus Latin America Motor Fuels Conference
Don't miss the Argus Latin America Motor Fuels Conference, a key event during the Argus Latin America Energy Week in Rio de Janeiro. Join us May 25-26, 2017, at the Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel, which is also the site of Rio Crude Conference.
Latin American motor fuels markets are more dynamic than ever before. Restructuring at Petrobras, market reforms in Mexico and Brazil and a new, protectionist US administration create massive uncertainty – and opportunity.
In its first year, the Argus Latin American Motor Fuels Conference aims to become the most prestigious event in the Latin American refined products industry and brings together renowned leaders who influence this sector. Join us to hear a detailed analysis of the market outlook for gasoline, diesel, ethanol and biodiesel in the region.
Located in the charming city of Rio de Janeiro and covering a broad range of topics about all areas of clean and renewable fuels in Latin America, the conference offers participants a unique opportunity to gain a better understanding of the industry while conducting business with other peers.
Do not miss the chance to network with national and international market players in the industry and gain greater visibility to position your company strategically for success.
Preview of topics:
- How is the world economy expected to fare over the next five years and what are the likely impacts on global refining?
- What to expect from the new US government in terms of ethanol/biodiesel mandates?
- Is the global refining industry capable of producing enough compliant bunker fuel by 2020 and how could this impact the production of clean fuels?
- How has the surge in US crude production impacted trading flows of refined products to Latin America and what lies ahead?
- Will the Mexican Energy Reform impact the country’s refined products market?
- Is the Middle East preparing to deal with growing local demand for refined products?
- Can Brazil recover its position of net ethanol exporter?
Thursday, May 25, 2017
|09:00 - 10:00
||Continental Breakfast and Exhibits
|10:00 - 10:30
|10:30 - 11:30
Session 1: Analysis of Trends and Perspectives in the Global Products Markets
|11:30 - 11:50
|Coffee Break and Exhibits
|11:50 - 12:50
||Session 2: Panel Discussion
Interactive discussion with key global refiners on their perspectives about the market
|12:50 - 14:50
|14:50 - 15:50
Session 3: Market Dynamics in the Americas Refining Industry
- Understanding Latin America refineries: How are Latin American refineries dealing with lower crude prices and supply overcapacity? Is the economic crisis impacting expansion and construction of new refineries in the region? What are the main challenges for them regarding logistics and regulation?
- An in-depth look at the US refining sector: The path from an importer to an exporter of refined products. How has the surge in US crude production impacted trading flows of products in and out of the country and what lies ahead? How do US refineries compare with the ones in Latin America and which ones are better placed to compete for market share in the region?
- Mexico: How will the Mexican Energy Reform impact the country’s and the region’s refined products industries in the coming years?
|15:50 - 16:10
|16:10 - 17:10
||Session 4: Clean Fuels
- Clean fuels supply in Latin America: Who are the local refiners leading the race for better margins amid the current scenario of see-sawing crude prices and stronger products demand? How have the changes in the Brazilian market impacted trading flows and pricing for gasoline and diesel and what are the implications for its neighboring countries?
- Brazil: How have the changes in the Brazilian market impacted trading flows and pricing for gasoline and diesel and what are the implications for its neighboring countries?
- The logistics of bringing gasoline and diesel to end-users in Latin America: How is the region tackling existing infrastructure bottlenecks and can the challenges be turned into investment opportunities?
| 17:10 - 19:10
|| Networking Cocktail Reception
Friday, May 25, 2017
|09:00 - 10:00
|Continental Breakfast and Exhibits
|10:00 - 11:00
Session 5: Biofuels
|11:00 - 11:30
||Coffee Break and Exhibits
|11:30 - 12:30
|Session 6: Ethanol
- The future of ethanol at a time of rising protectionism: An overview of global supply, demand and trading flows and the challenges that producers and consumers are facing
- Brazilian ethanol: Can Brazil recover its position of net biofuel exporter? With ethanol and sugar prices rising, where are the investors and what can be done to attract them?
For speaking opportunities, please contact us at: