|15:00 - 16:00
Workshop A: Freight markets and the US Gulf to Asia route: In global freight there are few routes as up and coming as USGC to Asia. This preconference session will explore this vital part of the maritime supply chain and assess supply and demand trends, price formation and other specifics impacting crude shipments to China, Thailand, Singapore, Korea, Japan and others.
- Review details of routes to Asia and assess oil-product demand
- Explore infrastructure constraints and other bottlenecks at both ends of this trade route, including ship delays at Chinese ports
- Understand refinery economics and how exchange rates can complicate arbitrage and other financials
Americas Freight Editor
| 16:30 - 17:30
|Workshop B: Optimizing marine transportation: Now that we have taken an in-depth look into the markets aspects of maritime transportation; we will look further into optimizing it. This preconference session will discuss vital aspects for waterborne shipments including handling, navigation, safety issues, regulatory compliance, and their overall effects on laytime and demurrage.
- Assess strategies to optimize maritime shipments
- Explore best practices regarding handling, navigation, safety issues and regulatory compliance
- Understand how this call all impact laytime and demurrage