9/5/2017 Harvey update
The conference will proceed as planned. Airports are open, major highways are clear and Argus staff have personally surveyed the venue and surrounding businesses in The Woodlands to confirm the area is operational. We look forward to seeing you next week. If you have any questions, please contact:
The Argus Methanol Forum is returning September 11-13, 2017!
Methanol producers in the US have maintained plans to expand capacity but weak energy and methanol prices are challenging. Methanol demand is growing, and MTO is expected to underpin industry growth. But excess olefins from the US and Middle East are expected to cap prices and negatively impact MTO economics and operating rates.
It is more important than ever to understand the economics and broader market trends driving methanol. Join more than 250 market participants from around the globe to hear industry perspectives and gain insight into methanol, MTO and olefins.
- Economic outlook for crude oil, natural gas and the global methanol industry
- China's MTO sector as the likely market price setting mechanism
- Regional analysis of the Americas, Asia and Europe
- Updates on methanol's derivative markets and expansion plans
- Less traditional plus hopeful new applications for methanol
- ...and much more!
Keynote speaker announced!
Global Economic Expert, Author
China, Inc. and Shock of Gray
Other speakers include:
- Frank Bakker, CEO, US Methanol LLC
- Charlie Yao, Chief Executive Officer, Yuhuang Chemical, Inc.
- Gene Gebolys, Founder, President & CEO, World Energy
- Vitalii Protasov, Business Development Director, Baltic Gas Chemical Company
- Greg Dolan, CEO, Methanol Institute
- Dr. Thomas Kevin Swift, CBE, Director and Chief Economist, American Chemistry Council
- Rebecca Boudreaux, President, Oberon Fuels, Chair, International DME Association
- Mark Gyetvay, Chief Financial Officer and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, Novatek
- Brian Pieri, Marketing - NG, NGL, and Crude, LINN Energy, LLC
- Jim Loney, PE, Director - Process Engineering, Fluor
- Mark Fields, President, Energy & Chemicals Americas, Fluor
- Tim Cesarek, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Enerkem
- Jesse Hensley, Ph.D., PE, Supervisor – Catalysis Research & Engineering, NREL
- Bernadette Johnson, VP - Market Intelligence, Drilling Info, Inc.
- Brendan Collins, Environment & Natural Resources Partner, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Ross Gale, Director of Acquisitions, International Process Plants
- Dave McCaskill, Vice President, Methanol and Derivatives Service, Argus
- Roel Salazar, Methanol & Derivatives Consultant, Argus
- Jimmy Levine, VP, Olefins – Ethylene, Argus
- Becky Zhang, Petrochemical Analyst, Argus
Attendee breakdown by geography:
Attendee breakdown by job title:
Companies that attend include:
Air Liquide · Akzo Nobel Industrial Chemicals B.V. · American Chemistry Council · Arclin · Atlantic Methanol · BASF · BP · Capital Resin Corporation · Celanese · Copenor Companhia Petroquimica Do Nordeste · DuPont · Eastman · Ecofuel S.p.A.· Enterprise Products · ExxonMobil · G2X Energy · Georgia-Pacific Chemicals · Haldor Topsoe · Huntsman International · IHI - E&C International Corporation · Johnson Matthey · Kiewit · Koch Methanol · Lake Charles Methanol · Lukoil · LyondellBasell · Marathon Oil Corporation · Metanol De Oriente, Metor S.A. · Methanex · Methanol Holdings (Trinidad) Limited · Methanol Institute · Mitsubishi Gas Chemical America · Mitsui & Co. · Murex Methanol · OCI · Petrobras · Praxair · Primus Green Energy · Proman · Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC HQ) · Sojitz · Solvadis Methanol GmbH · Sonagas G.E. · South Louisiana Methanol · Southern Chemical Corporation · Tauber Petrochemical Co.· The Chemical Company · Valero Energy Corporation · Vitol · Yuhuang Chemical