Argus Rio Crude Conference
The Argus Rio Crude Conference is the only crude trading event focusing on the production and distribution of Latin American crude where operators can share their experiences and understand price complexities, logistical constraints and commercial considerations for bringing Latin American supply to market. The Argus Rio Crude Conference goes behind the headlines to bring you timely market information on how to navigate volatility and capitalize on Latin America’s growth opportunity.
- Chris Main, Energy Strategist, Citi
- Robert Campbell, Head of Oil Research, Energy Aspects
- Niels Ibarra, Crude Oil Supervisor, Petroperú
- Kjetil Solbraekke, Senior Vice President South America, Rystad Energy
- Francisco Salazar, Founding Partner, ENIX
- Renato Jerusalmi, Head of Finance and Investors Relations, PetroRio
- Mary Esterman, Director, Medanito
- Jaime Brito, VP Pricing and Market Strategies, Argus
- Max Torres, VP Exploration, Ecopetrol
- Peter Keavey, Managing Director and Global Head of Crude and Refined Energy Products, CME Group
- Alfonso Martin-Fernandez, Oil Trading / Latin America Business Development, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Argus Rio Crude Conference today:
Key reasons to attend:
Join more than 200 senior oil market participants to network and do business at the premier commercial crude trading event in Latin America
Navigate market volatility and understand how to position your business to survive and thrive
Learn about key producing regions and where crude demand is growing
Understand how the bidding rounds will play out for Brazil, Mexico, Ecuador and others
Learn how Latin American barrels compete with the US and Canada
...and much more!
For more information or to be kept up to date regarding next year's event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
+ 55 21 2548 0817
Over 200 participants have joined the conference, from organizations such as:
ACP · ANP · APM Terminals · Barclays Capital · Barra Energia · BASF SA · BG Group · Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd · BHP Billiton Petroleum · Bloomberg News · BP · Brasil Energia · Braskem · Brazilship/Scanbrasil · Comercio Maritimo Ltda · Buckeye Partners · Bureau Veritas Group · Cape Tankers · Castleton Commodities · International · Cattalini Terminals · ChemChina UK · Chevron U.S.A. Inc. · Citgo Petroleum Corp. · CMA · Cosmo Oil of USA · Ecopetrol · ENAP · Energy Aspects · Enex.co · ENI Trading & Shipping · EPE · Equion Energia Limited · Ernst & Young · ESAI Energy, LLC · FGV Energia · FIRJAN · GALP Energia, SA · Glencore · GlobalView · Goldman Sachs Brasil · Gunvor · Honeywell · HRT · Intertek · IPIRANGA · Lukoil · Lyondellbasell · Macae Offshore · Maersk Oil · Medanito · Mitsubishi Corp · Monitor Deloitte · Morgan Stanley · Negocios e Petroleo · Nexen Energy Marketing USA Inc. · NuStar Energy · O Globo · Odebrecht Oil & Gas · OGPar · OGX Petroleo · Oiltanking Terminals · Openlink · Pan America Energy LLC · Parex Resources Colombia Ltd. · PDVSA · Pemex · Petrobras · Petrochina International America Inc. · Petrogal Brasil S.A. · Petrotrin · Phillips 66 · Plains All American Pipeline · Ponderosa Advisors · Porto Central · PotenPlural · PPSA · Premier Oil · Prumo Logistica · Queiroz Galvao Oil & Gas · Reliance Industries Limited · Repsol Oil & Gas · Rystad Energy · Saudi Aramco · SEDEIS · Shell · Sinochem · Statoil · Talisman Energy · Terra Energias · Thomson Reuters · Tide Maritime · Total · Trafigura · Upstream · Valor Economico · Vitol · Vopak Brasil... and many more!
Monday, May 22
|16:00 - 18:00
|18:00 - 20:00
||Opening Cocktail Reception
Tuesday, May 23
|07:30 - 09:00
||Registration and Continental Breakfast
|09:00 - 09:30
|09:30 - 10:45
Session 1: The Path Forward
- Geopolitics dynamics: What has happened since the decline in crude prices that started in 2014? How could Isis, piracy and government instability create supply disruptions? How could the lifting of sanctions on Iran impact crude markets? What is happening to oil production and demand within Saudi Arabia and to the kingdom’s relations within the Mideast Gulf and the wider Middle East? Opec-Russia dynamics: A review of the cartel’s market and price strategy versus Russia’s expected actions. What other global forces could impact trade flows? Will Opec succeed in cutting back production? Will Russia’s output finally start declining? Can offshore crude compete with US shale and Opec? What are the forces impacting oil prices and market volatility?
- United States - The new political landscape: What will change in the country’s crude scenario under President Donald Trump? What does this mean for crude production? What will be the role of US shale oil under the new administration? How has shale reacted to lower oil prices and how will producers finance new wells?
- Global supply and demand overview: An analysis of the global crude supply and demand balance. How is the reduction of investments in crude exploration and production amid falling oil prices impacting the industry? What are the key drivers on which oil companies are using to base their long-term projects, and how do they make their investment decisions under the current price environment?
Robert Campbell, Head of Oil Research, Energy Aspects
Chris Main, Energy Specialist, Citi
Kjetjil Solbraekke, Senior Vice President South America, Rystad Energy
|10:45 - 11:15
|Coffee Break and Exhibits
|11:15 - 12:15
Session 2: Exploring Latin America Supply: A review of regional production levels and current political issues
- Regional outlook for Latin America: An outlook on current production levels in Latin America. How will Latin American crudes fare in the battle for global market share? How has the lower price environment affected crude production in the region and how will traditional customers be impacted by that? How are Latin American producers dealing with global oversupply?
|12:15 – 13:15
Session 3: Panel Discussion – Spanish Speaking Latin America: An interactive discussion with representatives from key producing countries on the opportunities, investments and challenges facing the region
Niels Mejía Ibarra, Crude Oil Supervisor, Petroperu
Max Torres, VP Exploration, Ecopetrol
Mary Esterman, Director, Medanito
|13:15 - 15:30
|15:30 - 16:30
Breakout Session: Panel Discussion – Latin American Logistics
- Oil transportation logistics and cost reduction opportunities
- Existing/potential locations
- Main players
- Ship transport and freight
|16:30 - 17:30
||Private Meetings, Networking Break and Exhibits
|17:30 - 19:30
||Networking Reception and Exhibits
Wednesday, May 24
|07:30 - 09:00
|Continental Breakfast and Exhibits
|09:00 - 10:15
Session 4: Brazil: Remaining competitive amid lower prices, increasing competition and political changes
- Petrobras: An overview of production plans for 2022 and the challenges of placing medium and heavy crudes amid a scenario of lower prices. How have the recent changes in the global supply and demand scenario and geopolitics impacted trading flows for Brazilian crudes?What are the prospects for the pre-salt play amid the current scenario of lower prices and how can Brazilian crude better compete internationally amid a scenario of global oversupply?
- Regulatory framework: A review of the most recent changes in regulation and their impact on current production and future investments in the country’s E&P sector.
- Foreign producer's perspective: What is the strategy of foreign companies operating in Brazil to market their crude as production rises? What crude streams and qualities are expected to be exported?
- Local producer’s perspective: What is the strategy of junior companies operating in Brazil to market their crude? What are the opportunities and challenges they see in the Brazilian crude market?
Renato Jerusalmi, Head of Finance and Investors Relations, PetroRio
|10:15 - 10:45
||Coffee Break and Exhibits
|10:45 - 12:30
Session 5: Crude in a World of Changes - What Promising Projects Will Lead The Future?
- Mexico's energy reform: What are the drivers behind Mexico’s energy reform? What are the challenges involved and what are the industry and the government hoping for? Why is this a good opportunity for investment? What other considerations should market participant’s factor in when doing business and/or competing with Mexico?
- Refiners: How are refiners evaluating opportunities in the market? What is their commitment to pipeline, rail and marine? What investment decisions are refiners making in the midstream to capture value?
- US: What are the opportunities for US and Canadian crudes?
- World: What are refining margins going to look like around the world: an overview of refined products demand by region
- Latin America and Brazil: How has the lower price environment affected refinery upgrade plans and thus the need for more Latin American and/or imported crude? Brazil is changing its structures on refining because of Petrobras’ reform. What is yet to come?
Alfonso Martin-Fernandez, Oil Trading / Latin America Business Development, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Jaime Brito, VP Pricing and Market Strategies, Argus
| 12:30 - 13:30
||Session 6: Closing Panel Session: What’s Next for Latin American Crude?
Features perspectives from an analyst, a producer, an investment banker and others on the future of the industry in the region
- Politics of oil
- Trading flows
- Infrastructure projects and developments
- Strategies for survival
Peter Keavey, Managing Director and Global Head of Crude and Refined Energy Products, CME Group
| 13:30 - 15:15
For speaking opportunities, please contact us at: