Argus Lithium, Cobalt and Nickel Markets and Investment 2017
Why you must attend
Demand for lithium, cobalt and nickel is growing strongly, driven by the booming Li-ion battery industry as well as the stainless steel and superalloy sectors.
As demand increases, supplies have tightened with consumers grappling with shortages and rising prices, amid political factors that are disrupting supplies in major exporting countries. A key question for consumers is whether there will be sufficient raw materials to support the growth in Li-ion demand.
Finance of new production is a key issue. Asia is the centre of the global Li-ion battery industry and it is increasingly the focus for capital-rich investors, such as funds, private equity firms and investment banks, as well as processors, looking to secure overseas supplies of raw materials through acquisitions. This is an ideal opportunity for investors and the mining industry to meet to identify new investment opportunities
Download the conference brochure
• Will there be sufficient raw materials to support the expected demand for Li-ion batteries?
• What will be the influence on other industries that use lithium cobalt and nickel? – superalloys, stainless steel, chemicals, cutting tools, ceramics and glass
• Should we be worried? - hedge funds and speculators are reported to have stockpiled nearly 20pc of global cobalt production
• How will game-changing innovations shape future demand? – cathode materials, EV, ESS, portable electronics and more
• What do the fundamentals tell us? – the current supply-demand balance in the lithium, cobalt and nickel markets
• Is political instability in the Democratic Republic of Congo and the issue of conflict minerals a threat to cobalt supplies?
• New production of lithium, cobalt and nickel – what is due on stream and when?
• Recycling of Li-ion batteries – what influence will it have on supplies?
• Substitution – how sensitive are applications to higher prices?
• Is there a need for an international index for lithium?
Event at a glance
Delegate geographic breakdown
Who you will meet
*Global junior miners
*Financial institutions and investors with an interest in the lithium sector —investment banks, Chinese lithium carbonate producers, private equity, funds & more
*Major lithium, cobalt and nickel producers
*Lithium carbonate and cobalt & nickel chemical producers
*Traders and producers from the stainless steel and superalloy sectors
*Global cathode material producers
*Global Li-ion battery producers
*Electric vehicles, portable electronics and energy storage manufacturers
*Vendors and logistics
|Early Bird Rate
||US$ 1600 (available until 11 July 2017)
Contact Yuan Chang
- For registration and group bookings enquiries
- To receive updates on the 2017 conference
- Fees include participation in all sessions/panel discussions, conference luncheons/receptions, coffee breaks and one set of conference documentation per person.
- Travel and accommodation costs not included
- 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST) is applicable to all Singapore based companies in Singapore
- Registration feeds are subject to prevailing government tax
Argus takes compliance with antitrust law seriously. The purpose of the Argus LiCoNi Markets and Investment 2017 is to discuss on the latest developments in the Lithium, Cobalt and Nickel scene globally. The conference sessions will follow the agenda as circulated.
Argus reminds all participants of the need to be mindful of the requirement to comply with antitrust and competition laws. There should be no discussion of any matters relating to competition among participants, including discussion of individual prices, rates or market strategies and no exchange of information concerning any other competitive aspect of an individual company’s operation. Should any participant to this conference attempt to initiate a discussion with other participants on any of these matters, we recommend that other participants end the conversation immediately and at all times act in accordance with their own antitrust compliance policies and all applicable laws.
Speakers and Guests
- Nigel Tunna, Vice President - Metals, Argus
- David Weight, President, The Cobalt Development Institute
- Gao Yuan, President & CEO, Pulead Technology Industry
- Mike Tamlin, Chief Operating Officer, Neometals
- Xu Aidong, Secretary General, China Nonferrous Metals Industry Association Cobalt Branch
- Alberto Migliucci, CEO & Founder, Petra Commodities
- Vicky Zhao, Market Analyst for Battery Metals, Argus
For speaking opportunities, please contact Joey Chen:
+65 6496 9926
- Asia is the centre of the global Li-ion battery industry
- It is increasingly the focus for capital-rich investors, such as funds, private equity firms and investment banks, as well as processors, looking to secure overseas supplies of raw materials through acquisition
- This is an ideal opportunity for investors and mining industry participants to come together and identify new opportunities
For more details on the sponsorship packages, please contact William Fork
+65 6496 9951