The Asian biomass market is expected to continue heating up.
Current and forecast biomass demand from South Korea and Japan has left many suppliers in the region scrambling to keep up. More than 100 biomass industry stakeholders gathered in Singapore in 2016 to examine sustainable business models in a bid to ensure availability and stability of affordable crop and wood residue supplies.
The programme in 2017 will focus on the value chain of the wood pellets and palm biomass markets, providing a glimpse into key suppliers, manufacturers, distribution channels, as well as the interaction of suppliers and buyers with consumers. Participants will be able to evaluate the competitive landscape and identify new business opportunities.
Highlights for 2017
- A look into the competitive fuel landscape of palm kernel shell (PKS), wood pellets and wood chips
- Insights into Japan’s PKS import volumes and quality needs – how will palm biomass evolve within Japan’s sourcing strategy?
- China’s biomass demand from short-to-medium term
- Latest updates on Vietnam’s pellet production volumes and quality
- Perspectives from a South Korean buyer – understanding the sourcing strategies
Biographies of conference speakers are available here.
- Hiroaki Goto, Deputy Manager, Fuel & Power Trade Division, Energy Trading Dept, eRex Co
- Eisuke Nomura, Director, Biomass Fuel Co
- Craig Jackson, General Manager, Cellmark Asia
- Ngo Sy Hoai, Vice Secretary General, Vietnam Timber and Forest Product Association (VIFORES)
- Rachael Levinson, Editor, Argus Biomass Markets, Argus
- John Jeon, Biomass Trader, Green Energy Team, GS Global Corp
- François Megret, Biomass Broker, Tradition Green
- Shalabh Singhania, Portfolio Manager, InfraCo Asia
- Jim Nicholson, Senior Vice President Asia, Argus
- Weerachai Limpornchaijaroen, Director, KWM Service Co
- Zhang Xinghua, Assistant Professor, Guangzhou Institute of Energy Conversion, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Masaki Mita, Head of Japan Office, Argus
- Michael Sew, Secretary General, Malaysia Biomass Industries Confederation
- Fabian Suprijatna, Biomass Fuel Production & Trading, PT Arta Andaka Energi
- Claire Pickard-Cambridge, Asia Solid Fuels Manager, Argus