Strategy Report: World Sulphur Outlook to 2030
An Argus Strategy Report
Sulphur markets will remain in oversupply until the end of the decade due to sour oil and gas production capacity expansions in the Middle East and Central Asia, and oil sands in Canada. This will outpace demand growth until around 2021, but stockpiling will prevent a flooding of the market. Long term prices are expected to firm from current lows, but oversupply and stock drawdowns will smooth price increases. This latest strategy report provides a review of existing and future sulphur supply out to 2030 on a country by country basis, including new projects, along with an assessment of the evolving trade and the consequent impact on pricing for the key fob (Black Sea, Middle East, Vancouver) and cfr (China, North Africa) benchmarks
The Argus World Sulphur Outlook to 2030 is accompanied by a dataset available for download through our Argus Direct platform in addition to a PDF version of the report.
Some key topics addressed are:
- Identification of projects that will add supply — Understanding of projects that will contribute to a market surplus so users can monitor related developments
- Identification of projects that will add demand — Understanding of projects that will add demand to help absorb increased supply so users can monitor related developments
- Discussion of unquantified impacts on production — Such as crude slate changes and bunker fuels regulation
- Review of existing inventory and outlook as surplus emerges – Inventory has dropped from as high as 30mn t in recent years to around 10mn t at present with most held in the Canadian oil sands region. The report will review the inventory situation and outlook for the future.
- Trade outlook – With supply forecast to outpace demand, the impact on trade flows is examined
- Price outlooks – Price forecasts through 2030 for major import and export regions
- Have confidence in knowing which projects will result in a new source of supply or demand
- Develop your import/export strategy by understanding the impact on trade flows
- Mitigate risk by responding to prices affected by changes in supply or demand
The report presents essential insights, analysis and guidance for producers of sulphur as a by-product through oil refining and natural gas processing as well as consumers of sulphur for use in fertilizer production or industrial uses such as metal leaching. The report is also beneficial to those who provide service to the industry such as traders, railroad operators, freight providers and engineering companies.
View the complete list of strategy reports
The Argus World Sulphur Outlook to 2030 is part of our wider sulphur and sulphuric acid coverage, which also includes:
Argus Sulphur - A market service, published weekly
Argus Sulphuric Acid - A market service, published weekly
Argus North American Sulphur and Sulphuric Acid - A market service, published weekly
Argus Analyst Access - A presentation service
Argus Monthly Sulphur Outlook - A market forecast service
World Sulphuric Acid Outlook to 2030 - An Argus strategy report
Contact your local office