The Argus Butadiene Annual presents detailed analysis of the current butadiene (BD) market internationally, as well as forecasts for pricing, supply and demand through to 2026 for the olefin and its derivatives (polybutadiene, styrene butadiene rubber and ABS resins).
In addition to providing details and background on our key findings, the Argus Butadiene Annual includes the following major components:
- A history and forecast of the supply and demand balance for each country that produces or consumes BD from 2012 through 2021. An extended supply and demand balance, by country, through 2026 is available on Argus Direct, our online platform.
- An overview of regional and world BD markets, including demand analysis of the major BD derivatives.
- A history and forecast of BD and crude C4 imports and exports by country.
- Analysis of market changes and trends by country and region.
- Useful technical data that explains the production and conversion of BD into its major derivatives.
"Three major developments have shaped the global butadiene (BD) markets over the past decade. Among the casualties of the financial crises in 2008, US auto sales plummeted from 16.1mn units in 2007 to 10.4mn in 2009. The recovery of the US auto industry has been slow and steady, but has also brought about the restructuring and downsizing of the US tire and synthetic rubber industries. At the same time, China’s auto industry began a period of explosive growth..."
Download the study's key findings and table of contents
Data & Downloads
This service also features downloadable market data published in spreadsheet format, available only in Argus Direct.
- 2017 World Butadiene Balances, with individual data sets for Western Europe / Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia / North America / Latin America / Southeast Asia / Northeast Asia / Africa and the Middle East
- 2017 Butadiene Annual Company Balances: Butadiene production and consumption capacity by site and company
- 2017 Butadiene Annual Capacities: Capacities for butadiene and derivatives
Argus Consulting Services
Argus Consulting Services offers tailor-made research to clients seeking the highest quality data, analysis, insight and commentary on international energy, petrochemical and fertilizer markets. Argus Consulting Services has a wealth of knowledge and experience, having undertaken research for a wide range of clients, including many of the biggest names in the energy, petrochemical and fertilizer industries.
Read more about our petrochemical experts
Find out more about Argus Consulting Services