Argus's annual petrochemical study analyses the current market and provides a forward-looking view of the global ethylene industry, on a country-by-country level until 2026. The report examines the history and forecast of global trends, analyses capacity changes by producer and provides a demand analysis of all major ethylene derivatives.
"Progress to the next peak of the economic cycle, now expected by the IMF to be in 2018-20, is predicted to be slow and to vary by region. Unfortunately for the ethylene market, this peak in the economic cycle is forecast to coincide with a period of stronger supply growth, leading to a sustained down-turn in the business cycle by the end of the decade..."
Download the key findings and table of contents
- A history and forecast through to 2021 of supply and demand for each country that produces and consumes ethylene
- A complete data set of forecast supply and demand balances to 2021 for each region and each ethylene producing country. A further five years of forecast data to 2026 is available on Argus Direct, our online platform
- An overview of regional and world ethylene markets, including a demand analysis of all major ethylene derivatives
- A history and forecast of ethylene imports and exports by country, and an analysis of regional net trade in ethylene and PE
- Analysis of ethylene and derivative capacity changes by producer
Data & Downloads
This service also features downloadable market data published in spreadsheet format, available only in Argus Direct.
- 2017 World Ethylene Balances, with individual data sets for Western Europe / Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia / North America / Latin America and Caribbean / South Asia, Southeast Asia and Australasia / Northeast Asia / Africa and the Middle East
- 2017 Global Steam Cracker Feedstock Flexibility
- 2017 Ethylene Annual Company Balances: Ethylene production and consumption capacity by site and company
- 2017 Ethylene Annual Capacities: Capacities for ethylene and derivatives, by location and source
Argus Consulting Services
Argus Consulting Services offers tailor-made research to clients seeking the highest quality data, analysis, insight and commentary on international energy, petrochemical and fertilizer markets. Argus Consulting Services has a wealth of knowledge and experience, having undertaken research for a wide range of clients, including many of the biggest names in the energy, petrochemical and fertilizer industries.
Read more about out petrochemical experts
Click here to find out more about Argus Consulting Services